Saturday, September 18, 2010

A good night for a sauna!

Saturday night was family sauna night at Greta's house. The wood that was burned came from a hundred year old apartment building at NE 15th and Tilamook. It had lots of nails in it but burned hot. Tonight the family got clean for the next week.

It was a beautiful night because it rained very hard. I love it when it is cold and rainy outside but hot and toasty inside the sauna. The family told stories and made plans for Greta's birthday which is coming up soon! Her birthday is this Wednesday but she will have friends over for a party on Saturday. I am helping her by making things tiny for her.

The only problem is that it's sauerkraut season. This is when my family makes sauerkraut. It is also when my cousin Lempo always comes out to "bless" the sauerkraut. I can smell his rottenness in the neighborhood. He's been hiding in the area. I can always tell.

Whenever he's around he likes to play his tricks with me. Lately he's not been very nice with me at all. He seems really mad at me for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment